BECOME THE NEXT KIA NBA ALL-STAR REPORTER AND WIN A VIP TRIP TO NBA ALL-STAR 2014!
This is your chance to report at NBA All-Star 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Submit your video and be voted the fan favorite to win.
We are looking for a reporter who has personality, confidence and an unwavering passion for the NBA.
- - Are you a natural on camera?
- - Can you capture an audience and wow fans with your personality?
- - Do you have a unique persona that NBA fans would love to get to know?
- - Can you deal with the unexpected?
- Show us your personality in a fun and unique way!
- Tell us why you should be the Kia NBA All-Star Reporter in 60 seconds or less.
- Show us your professional mettle.
- Show us your Kia spirit.
- Most of all show us why you’re the one.
No Purchase Necessary
How to submit your audition.
Ready to create your submission? Just follow these simple steps:
- 1. Record a 60 second (or shorter) video explaining why you should be the next Kia NBA All-Star Reporter.
- Be sure NOT to mention or show any team names, logos, players, or venues — we know, it's tough, but believe us it'll be worth it.
- You should be the only person who appears in your submission — if your friends want in, they can submit their own!
- Don't use any music, art, or other creative works in your video that you don't own the rights to. If you do, you won't be able to win!
- Be nice! Any offensive or derogatory videos will be disqualified.
- 2. Edit your video as much (or as little) as you want. Remember, this is about your reporting, not your editing skills.
- 3. Upload your video using this form!
- Accepted file formats: .MOV, .MP4 (recommended: H.264 codec; 480p — 853x480px in a 16:9 aspect ratio)
- File size should be no more than 20 megabytes.
- 4. Fill out your name, date of birth, and contact information in the form provided.
- 5. Click the submit button.
- That's it! Sit back, relax, and check back on January 24, 2014 to find out if you're a finalist for the public vote!
- No Purchase Necessary.
Contest entry period begins at 6:01 p.m. PST on Friday, December 20, 2014 and closes at 5:59 p.m. PST on Monday, January 20, 2014.
No Purchase Necessary.
Finalists selection and voting
Up to five finalists will be selected for public voting on KiaAllStar.com.
Public voting begins at 6:01 p.m. PST on Friday, January 24, 2014.
Voting ends at 11:59 P.M. PST on Thursday, January 30, 2014.
The Winner will be announced on or about 6:00 p.m. PST on Friday, January 31, 2014 on KiaAllStar.com.
The WINNER will receive the Grand Prize of a Trip to New Orleans, LA for two (2) to NBA All-Star 2014 held on February 14-16, 2014. Events include 63rd NBA All-Star Game, State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, and NBA All-Star Jam Session.
The trip consists of roundtrip coach air transportation for two (up to a maximum cost of $3,000) from a major airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor) to New Orleans, LA, hotel accommodation for 4 days/3 nights (one standard room, double occupancy), ground transportation to and from hotel and airport, AmEx Gift Cards.
No Purchase Necessary.
Kia NBA All-Star Reporterat NBA All-Star 2014Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- 1. Eligibility: The Kia All-Star Reporter at the NBA All-Star Game 2014 Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older and located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Kia Motors America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), NBA Properties Inc, the National Basketball Association and its member teams (collectively defined as “NBA Entities”), Visionaire Group, Site Systems (“Judging Agency”) and its respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and licensees, and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of the Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to enter or win. Any entrant who has ever been convicted of a felony will not be eligible. Other eligibility requirements and conditions of participation are set forth below in these official rules for the Contest (“Official Rules”).
- 2. Promotion Period: Contest begins at 6:01 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on Friday, December 20, 2013 and ends at 5:59 p.m. PT on Monday, January 20, 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
- 3. How to Enter the Contest: During the Promotion Period, enter the Contest by completing the following steps ("Contest Entry" or "Video"):
- Enter the promotion through the Kia Motors America Facebook contest application on the Facebook platform by visiting http://www.kiaallstar.com (the "Website"). In order to be able to enter the Contest, potential entrants must first: i) be a member of Facebook (there is no fee to become a member of Facebook); and ii) Follow the on-screen directions to enter the Contest, complete all required fields, upload your audition video (see 4. Conditions of Submission, Submission Guidelines) describing why you are the best reporter to send to the NBA All-Star 2014 ("Video") and click submit to enter ("Contest Entry").
- Videos must follow the submission requirements set forth below. By uploading your Contest Entry, you agree that your Contest Entry conforms to submission requirements set forth below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the submission requirements. THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE CONTEST ENTRY PER PERSON.
- 4. Conditions of Submission:
- Submission Guidelines:
- 1. The Video submitted must be created by the entrant.
- 2. The entrant must be the only person appearing in the Video.
- 3. The Video must feature the entrant auditioning and describing why you are the best reporter to send to NBA All-Star 2014.
- 4. All Videos must be:
- a. .MOV, .MP4 file formats; (recommended: H.264 codec; 480p — 853x480px in a 16:9 aspect ratio)
- b. No more than 20 megabytes
- c. No more than one (1) minute long, and
- d. In English
- Additional Conditions of Submission:
- Any Contest Entry which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems to be inappropriate for publication will not be considered, or displayed and the corresponding entrant will be disqualified. Contest Entry cannot: (i) be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (ii) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iii) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (iv) defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; (v) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (vi) contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, musical performances, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); (vii) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead; (viii) communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and (ix) depict, and cannot itself be in violation of, any law. By submitting a Contest Entry each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her Entry is the sole and original creation of the Video and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the Contest Entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark/trade name, or other proprietary right of any person (including, but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; (iii) the Contest Entry is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant; (iv) the participants depicted in the Entry have given written consent to its submission into the Promotion and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; (v) the Contest Entry has not been previously published; (vi) entrant owns or otherwise has rights to use all elements of the Contest Entry; (viii) that entrant is the parent or legal guardian of all persons appearing in the Video (other than entrant, if applicable); (ix) Contest Entry has not won previous awards; and (x) publication of the Contest Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary. PLEASE NOTE: inclusion of current or former NBA Players, NBA Teams or NBA venues within the content of the Video submission may result in disqualification of the submission. Furthermore, please note that music licensed under copyright cannot be featured in either the background or as an overlay.
- BY SUBMITTING A CONTEST ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTEST ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S AND THE NBA ENTITIES WEBSITES, IN SPONSOR’S AND THE NBA ENTITIES’ DISCRETION. Posting of a Contest Entry is not an indication that the entry has won a prize or is otherwise eligible for a prize. Your Contest Entry will be the property of Sponsor, and may be displayed, used or altered by Sponsor, the NBA Entities (or anyone authorized by Sponsor authorizes or the NBA Entities) for any purpose without any kind of payment to you. It also means that Sponsor, the NBA Entities or any of their affiliates may produce, market, sell or otherwise distribute products based on (in whole or in part) your Submission. This means you irrevocably and forever grant and assign to Sponsor and the NBA Entities all worldwide right, title, and interest in and to your Contest Entry (and all works derived from your Contest Entry) as well as all intellectual property you create by participating in the Contest and grant to the NBA Entities the permanent right to use your Contest Entry (and all works derived from your Contest Entry). This also means you waive all rights of attribution and integrity if your Contest Entry is used by Sponsor, the NBA Entities or anyone Sponsor authorizes.
- Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Contest Entry prior to any judging period. By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Contest Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not monitor/screen Contest Entries prior to posting them to the Website.
- 5. Judging/Voting: Contest Entries will be voted upon and/or judged as provided below. Judging will be conducted by a panel of experts under the supervision of Judging Agency, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
- a. Judging Round. All eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Period Eligible Contest Entries will be judged on the basis of the criteria upon originality, creativity and humor (35%), how well the entrant projects onscreen (35%) and the extent to which the entrant will professionally represent Kia and the NBA (30%) ("Judging Criteria"). The top two to four (2 - 4) entrants whose Contest Entries achieve the highest scores, across all judging criteria, from among all other eligible Contest Entries shall be deemed a Finalists, subject to verification. Finalists will be determined on or about January 26, 2013. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be judged/re-judged by the Sponsors' judges using the same criteria. If there is a subsequent tie, tiebreaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie.
- b. Voting Round. During the Voting Round, the Finalists' Contest Entries will be posted in an online gallery for public voting on the Website.
- 1. Open Voting Period: Voting begins at 6:01 p.m. PT on Friday, January 24, 2014 and ends at 5:59 p.m. PT on Thursday, January 30, 2014 (the "Open Voting Period").
- 2. How to Vote: During the Open Voting Period, individuals may vote on a Finalist Contest Entry by Online Vote: Go to the Website and click on the link on the home page to locate the online official voting form. Follow the on-screen directions, complete all required fields and click submit to vote.
- LIMIT OF ONE VOTE PER DAY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS THROUGHOUT THE OPEN VOTING PERIOD.
- Sponsor reserves the right to void all votes made through any script, macro, robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar duplication method. Any attempt by the entrant and/or its respective family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein, using multiple names and/or email addresses, and/or systematic voting from the same IP address, and/or any other fraudulent mechanism or inappropriate means, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give the Sponsor the right to disqualify the entrant or votes in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. Furthermore, entrants may not offer to buy or pay for votes or compensate a voter for a vote in any way. Any attempt by any person to fraudulently circumvent the voting restrictions in order to cast multiple votes will result in disqualification of all such votes received and may result in disqualification of the entrants for whom the improper votes were received if Sponsor determines that that entrant was involved in any way in the perpetration of such fraud.
- Subject to the Finalist’s compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist whose Contest Entry receives the highest number of valid votes during the Voting Round will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist who’s Contest Entry received the highest score from the Judging Round, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. If there is a subsequent tie, tie breaker will be based upon the highest score from the Judging Round in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie.
- 6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: NBA All-Star Trip: Trip for two (2) to New Orleans, LA on February 13-16, 2014. The trip consists of roundtrip coach air transportation for two (up to a maximum cost of $3,000) from a major airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor) to New Orleans, LA, hotel accommodations for 4 days/3 nights (one standard room, double occupancy), two (2) NBA All-Star 2014 ticket packages (includes tickets to NBA All-Star Tip-Off Reception, State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, and the 63rd NBA All-Star Game), rental car (up to $450), $500 AMEX gift card. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $8,000. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older, unless the winner is the parent/legal guardian of the guest. Car rental is subject to car rental company restrictions, and other equipment rentals as listed. PLEASE BE ADVISED IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE CAR RENTAL PORTION OF A PRIZE, THE DRIVER MAY BE REQUIRED TO BE 25 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, HAVE A VALID USA DRIVER'S LICENSE THAT HAS BEEN HELD A MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR AND A MAJOR CREDIT CARD (DEBIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED). CAR RENTAL MAY BE SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL SUPPLIER RESTRICTIONS. Actual value of trip prizes will depend on airfare fluctuations and point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. Grand Prize winner must be able to travel on dates listed or as designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s option. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round-trip. All travel arrangements/accommodations at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If, in the sole judgment of the Sponsor, air travel is not required due to a winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation may be substituted for round-trip air travel. All travel expenses not specifically listed are winner’s responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/HOUSEHOLD. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- 7. Conditions: Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners will be notified by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and potential winners (or potential winners' parent or legal guardian if potential winner is a minor) may be required to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. If affidavits/releases are not received by the date stated on the notification, or if any notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or does not return such other releases as deemed necessary by Sponsor, the potential winner will be disqualified and at Sponsor' discretion, an alternative potential winner may be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Promotion Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged or incomplete entries or other communications, non-delivered or postage due mail, failure or unavailability of electronic equipment, communications or internet connections, or other errors, failures or malfunctions of any kind. Entries by automatic, programmed or like methods will be disqualified. Improper, incomplete, mutilated and illegible entries will be disqualified. Prizes will be awarded only to an address within the United States. This Contest is subject to all federal and state laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. If, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of cancellation of the Contest, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Contest Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the Website or acts in a disruptive manner. This Contest is offered only in the United States and by entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, is governed by the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Orange County, California.
- 8. Entrant Release. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the NBA Entities and Promotion Parties their affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or the use of any photo or Contest Entry (b) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- 9. Winners' Release: Except where prohibited, by accepting prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor, the NBA Entities and their agents to use their names, videos/photographs, voice and/or likenesses, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
- In addition, winners and their selected guests are subject to arena/venue conduct guidelines and can be removed from any said venue at the discretion of the NBA Entities if in violation of said conduct guidelines.
- 10. Winners' List Requests: To view the winners’ list for this promotion, please visit www.kiaallstar.com. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
- 11. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Kia Motors America, Inc., 111 Peters Canyon Road, Irvine CA 92606-1790.
- 12. Judging Agency: The Promotion is administered and judged by Site Systems, 560 South Winchester Blvd., Suite 500, San Jose, CA 95128